• 17/02/2022
  • Headteacher

We have just been contacted by Cornwall Council about the threat of Storm Eunice tomorrow. 

The winds are expected to be at their worst between 5.00 am and 12 noon.

The Council is not issuing specific advice for schools to close but is advising schools / school leaders to make a decision about whether to open their school based on individual circumstances and the forecast.  It is anticipated that travel will be disrupted.

Although the red weather warning is primarily along the North Cornwall coast, it does extend inland (see attached map).

I will undertake a risk assessment first thing tomorrow morning but, at this stage, we are planning for Harrowbarrow School to open. We will communicate with parents/carers any change to this decision if necessary.

Please make your own decision on whether it is safe to make the journey to school tomorrow.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Latest News

Parent View

Parent View - Give Ofsted your view on your child's school

If you would like to comment on the performance of Harrowbarrow School, please click the Ofsted link above.